- Heat oil/ghee and fry the onions until golden. Add meat and stir fry for few minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water. Cover and cook until the meat is tender. (For CHICKEN, do not add water and go to step No. 3).
- Add tomatoes, yogurt and Shan Biryani Masala. Stir fry until oil begins to separate from the masala. Then keep aside.
- Separately in 12 cups of boiling water, add 2 tablespoons Shan Salt and the soaked rice. Boil until the rice is three quarter tender. Then drain it thoroughly.
- Layer the rice and meat curry in 2 layers.