1. Heat oil/ghee and fry the onions until golden. Add meat and stir fry for few minutes.
2. Add 6 cups of water. Cover and cook until the meat is tender. (For CHICKEN, do not add water and go to step No. 3).
3. Add tomatoes, yogurt and Shan Biryani Masala. Stir fry until oil begins to separate from the masala. Then keep aside.
4. Separately in 12 cups of boiling water, add 2 tablespoons Shan Salt and the soaked rice. Boil until the rice is three quarter tender. Then drain it thoroughly.
5. Layer the rice and meat curry in 2 layers.